Jealousy together with envy and hatred are the most negative feelings that the human being has to the point that they can become sick.
Jealousy phrases are phrases for analysis and reflection, jealousy generates negative thoughts, distrust, they are toxic, they are so negative that they take you away from the path to achieve your happiness, we generally see jealousy in love with a partner or with friends.
Then phrases of jealousy.
1. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” William Penn.
2. “Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.” Robert A. Heinlein.
3. “Jealousy, that dragon that kills love under the pretense of keeping it alive.” Havelock Ellis.
4. “The thermometer of success is nothing more than the jealousy of the discontented.” Salvador Dali.
5. “What a plague of thoughts, what a great oxidation of the heart, to be jealous of another.” Cypriot.
6. “What kind of love is impregnated with jealousy? You are jealous because you are not aware that everything you need is within you. Peter Deunov.
7. “You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you should have yourself.” Margaret Atwood.
8. “Jealousy is the tribute to mediocrity that pays genius.” Fulton J. Sheen.
9. “Love sees sharply, hate sees even sharper, but jealousy sees sharper because it is love and hate at the same time.” Arabic proverb.
10. “Cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with oneself.” Joan Didion.
11. “Never waste jealousy on a real man: it’s the imaginary man who supplants us all in the long run.” George Bernard Shaw.
12. “Jealousy is never satisfied with anything less than an omniscience that would detect the subtlest crease of the heart.” George Elliot.
13. “Jealousy is that pain a man feels from the apprehension that he is not equally loved by the person he loves completely.” Joseph Addison.
14. “Jealousy is not a barometer by which you can read the depth of love, it simply registers the degree of insecurity of the lover.” Margaret Mead.
15. “Jealousy would be much less devious if we understood that love is a passion totally unrelated to our merits.” Paul Eldridge.
16. “Jealousy lives on doubts. It turns into madness or ceases altogether as soon as we pass from doubt to certainty.” François de la Rochefoucauld.
17. “Surrounded by the flames of jealousy, the jealous one ends, like the scorpion, turning the poisoned sting against himself.” Friedrich Nietzsche.
18. “A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity. Robert A. Heinlein.
19. “For jealousy, nothing is scarier than laughter.” F. Sagan.
20. “Jealousy is the jaundice of the soul.” John Dryden.
21. “Comparison is a very silly attitude, because each person is unique and incomparable. Once this understanding settles in you, jealousy disappears. Osho.
22. “More men die of jealousy than of cancer.” Joseph P. Kennedy.
23. “If you could unleash your wings and free your soul from jealousy, you and everyone around you would fly like doves.” Rumi.
24. “Jealousy – that mixture of secret adoration and open dislike.” Emil Cioran.
25. “Jealousy is, I think, the worst of all defects because there is a victim on both sides.” Gene Tierney.
26. “Jealousy is cruel as the grave: its coals are coals of fire.” Solomon Ibn Gabiro.
27. “There is a kind of jealousy that needs very little fire: it is not a passion, but a plague bred in the cloudy and damp despondency of restless egoism.” George Elliot.
28. “Jealousy is not a pleasant quality, but if it is not exaggerated (and if it is combined modestly), apart from its inconvenience, there is even something touching about it.” Milan Kudera.
29. “Jealousy is a terrible thing. It looks like love, only it is precisely the opposite of love. Instead of desiring the well-being of the loved object, he desires that object’s dependence on himself, and his own triumph.” Henri-Frederic Amiel.
30. “A jealous ear hears all things.” Wisdom of Solomon
31. “Although jealousy is produced by love, as ashes are by fire, yet jealousy extinguishes love as ashes quench the flame.” Margaret of Angoulême.
32. “I lost my first race in school and was so jealous when the winner got a puppet that I said to myself, ‘I’ll keep going until I win a puppet.'” Svetlana Masterkova.
33. “Jealousy is nothing more than being lonely against smiling enemies.” Elizabeth Bowens.
34. “Curious things, simple women are always jealous of their husbands, beautiful women never are.” Oscar Wilde.
35. “There is no greater glory than love, nor greater punishment than jealousy.” Felix Lope de Vega.
36. “Jealousy is nothing but the foolish child of pride.” Pierre-Augustin de Beaumarchais.
37. “Jealousy is the opposite of understanding, sympathy and generous feeling. Jealousy has never added to character, it never makes the individual great and fine.” Emma Goldman.
38. “Women hate a jealous man they don’t love, but it makes them angry when a man they love isn’t jealous.” L’Enclos.
39. “There is no true love that can be without its terrible sorrow – jealousy.” Edward George Bulwer-Lytton.
40. “Jealousy blinds the affected heart, and without examining, it believes all that it fears.” Pierre Corneille.
41. “A little jealousy awakens a happy love that is asleep.” Antoinette Deshoulieres.
42. “Jealous people destroy what they are unable to create.” Paul Guth.
43. “The jealousy that keeps silent grows in their silence.” Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.
44. “Jealousy is fear or apprehension of superiority; envy our restlessness beneath it.” Shenstone.
45. “We are jealous of a rival, while we are envious of what other people have.” Jean le Rond d’Alembert.
46. ”Jealousy is actually a poor means of securing love, but it is a surefire means of destroying self-esteem.” Emma Goldman.
47. “Lovers can be – and in fact usually are – enemies, but they can never be friends, because there must always be a kind of jealousy and something of Being in all their speculations.” Lord Byron.
48. “All jealousy must be strangled at its birth, or time will soon make it strong enough to overcome the truth.” Davenant.
49. “Jealousy is like a hot pepper. Use it lightly, and it adds spice to the relationship. Use too much and it can burn. Ayala Pines.
50. “Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the taste, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be deadly.” Maya Angelou.
Jealousy phrase reflections.
There are basically 3 types of jealousy: childhood, work and couples.
Childhood jealousy usually occurs when parents give more love and attention to one child than the other. When the child with the least attention notices, jealousy begins, expressing that feeling in various ways. Parents must be attentive, to distribute love and attention equally to all children.
Work jealousy is more common than it seems. Unintentionally we enter into a competition for superior positions, better salaries or job recognition. Maintaining jealousy, envy, towards our co-workers fills our mind with negative thoughts, which do not allow us to move towards our goals.
Jealousy of couples, is the most common of all. That person to whom we have given all our love can betray us, many times it is only a product of our imagination. Communication and trust is the solution to these problems of jealousy products of the imagination. It is a waste of time and mental energy to be jealous of the person we love.
Robert A. Heinlein, in his sentence No. 2 and John Dryden, in sentence No. 20, indicate that jealousy is a disease, there is a saying that says: If you are not jealous, you do not love her. I think we have all felt jealousy of a partner at some point, so you have to differentiate between normal jealousy (because you are interested in that person and you don’t want to lose them) and sick jealousy, which is another level, which goes beyond what is rational and product of the imagination.
Clarify Your Vision About Your Perfect Life
More than half a million people have signed up. It’s your turn! Find out how to use the world’s most powerful goal planning system to create your life.
Discover how to live a life without regrets