Indifference is a feeling that is associated with insensitivity, detachment or coldness and when we receive a blow of indifference from someone, their claws produce painful wounds.
The phrases about indifference are made especially to motivate you, encourage you and so that you can heal wounds if you have been the victim of some act of indifference.
Here are the 100 best phrases about indifference.
1. “There is nothing in the world as monstrously vast as our indifference.” Machado de Assis.
2. “Indifference and neglect often do far more harm than outright loathing.” JK Rowling.
3. “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein.
4. “The worst sin towards our fellow men is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that is the essence of inhumanity.” George Bernard Shaw.
5. “A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.” Peter Marshall.
6. “Love cannot bear indifference. You need to be loved. Like a lamp, it needs to feed on the oil of another person’s heart, or its flame burns low.” Henry Ward Beecher.
7. “There is nothing more difficult than the softness of indifference.” Juan Montalva.
8. “Desire is half of life, indifference is half of death.” Khalil Gibran.
9. “Remaining indifferent to the challenges we face is indefensible. Whether the goal is noble, whether or not it is realized in our lives is largely irrelevant. Therefore, what we must do is strive and persevere and never give up.” Dalai Lama.
10. “Indifference is the invisible giant of the world.” Ouida.
11. “Tolerance is another word for indifference.” Somerset Maugham.
12. “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not caring.” Gore Vidal.
13. “Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is a fancy name for ignorance.” GK Chesterton.
14. “There are no things without interest, only people without interest.” GK Chesterton.
15. “There is something beautiful, moving and poetic when one person loves more than the other and the other is indifferent.” Anton Chekhov.
16. “Some people like what you do, some people hate what you do, but most people just don’t care.” Charles Bukowski.
17. “Perfect behavior is born of complete indifference.” Cesare Pavese.
18. “In reality there is no cause or effect, there is only the indifference of the universe.” Al Goldstein.
19. “Indifference to suffering makes humans inhuman.” Elie Wiesel.
20. “Indifference is the essence of inhumanity.” George Bernard Shaw.
21. “Indifference is the strongest contempt.” Ha Jin.
22. “Indifference is dangerous, innocent or not.” Pope Francisco.
23. “Indifference is the dead weight of history.” Antony Gramsci.
24. “Indifference is a wrong way to defend ourselves.” Jack Kornfield.
25. “Indifference creates an artificial peace.” Mason Cooley.
26. “Indifference to evil is more insidious than evil itself. It is a silent justification that allows poor acceptance in society.” Abraham Joshua Heschel.
27. “Indifference is the revenge that the world takes from mediocrities.” Oscar Wilde.
28. “Indifference loses more good things in life than active hostility.” Robert Menzies.
29. “The opposite of love is indifference to the genuine needs of others.” Max Anders.
30. “Vanity is as uncomfortable under indifference as tenderness is under a love it cannot return.” George Elliot.
31. “The most destructive criticism is indifference.” EW Howe.
32. “Everything is pathology, except indifference.” Emile M. Cioran.
33. “After the first blush of sin comes his indifference.” Henry David Thoreau.
34. “If moderation is a fault, then indifference is a crime.” Jack Kerouac.
35. “The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it is indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it is indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it is indifference. Elie Wiesel.
36. “I am a man, and nothing that concerns a man seems indifferent to me.” Jean Racine.
37. “Indifference is the sign of illness, a disease of the soul more contagious than any other”. Elie Wiesel.
38. “At the bottom of enmity between strangers lies indifference.” Soren Kierkegaard.
39. “No compliment can be eloquent, except as an expression of indifference.” George Elliot.
40. “Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.” Edmund Burke.
41. “Many secrets that cannot be extracted by curiosity can be extracted by indifference”. Sydney J.Harris.
42. “Courtesy is organized indifference.” Paul Valery.
43. “At first I assumed that hate was the opposite of love. But is not. The opposite of love is indifference. Helen Fisher.
44. “It is indifference and ignorance that prevents people from doing the right thing.” Diego Moon.
45. “If you tell stories you love, you will never tell them with indifference: take them to the bank.” Carmen Agra Deedy.
46. “My indifference may drive other people crazy, but it keeps me sane!” Nelly Bos-Rivera.
47. “Pain has its reasons, pleasure is totally indifferent.” Francis Picabia.
48. “Wherever the citizen becomes indifferent to his fellow men, so will the husband be to his wife and the father of a family towards the members of his household”. Wilhelm von Humboldt.
49. “Men are complicit in what leaves them indifferent.” George Steiner.
50. “Bad people are less trouble than indifferent people.” Gerhard Kocher.
51. “The price of eternal vigilance is indifference.” Marshall McLuhan.
52. “There is so much indifference to suffering. May we overcome indifference with concrete acts of charity.” Pope Francisco.
53. “Ingenuity is, in fact, the eloquence of indifference.” William Hazlitt.
54. “Careless indifference and bodily restlessness in meditation cause negative vibrations.” Paramahansa Yogananda.
55. “Indifference is an excellent substitute for patience.” Mason Cooley.
56. “Tolerance is another word for indifference.” W. Somerset Maugham.
57. “It is not opposition but indifference that separates men.” Mary Parker Follett.
58. “The indifference to fate, which despite the fact that it often turns a villain into a man, is the basis of his sublimity when it is not so.” Thomas Hardy.
59. “Because of indifference, one dies before actually dying.” Elie Wiesel.
60. “I prefer the madness of enthusiasm to the indifference of wisdom.” Anatole France.
61. “When one becomes indifferent to women, children and youth, he can know that he is superannuated and that he has withdrawn from all that is sweeter and purer in human existence.” Amos Bronson Alcott.
62. “Indifference is the only path that never reaches God.” Peter Kreft.
63. “The absolute yearning of a human body for another particular body and its indifference towards substitutes is one of the main mysteries of life”. Iris Murdock.
64. “I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world.” Albert Camus.
65. “I don’t believe in demons. Indifference and misunderstandings can create evil situations. Most of the time, people who appear to be evil are actually victims of evil acts.” Max von Sydow.
66. “Forgiveness is indifference. Forgiveness is impossible while love lasts. Mary Boykin Chestnut.
67. “Answer criticism with silence and indifference. It works better, I assure you, than anger and argument.” Gioachino Rossini.
68. “Indifference is harder to fight than hostility, and there is nothing that kills an agitation like getting everyone to admit that it is fundamentally right.” Crystal Eastman.
69. “Affection can withstand very severe storms of vigor, but not a long polar frost of indifference.” Walter Scott.
70. “We crave new sensations, but soon become indifferent to them. The wonders of yesterday are common occurrences today.” Nicholas Tesla.
71. “The pessimist is seldom an agitational individual. His creed breeds indifference to others, and he does not bother to show his views to the unconvinced.” Agnes Replier.
72. “Are you saying that a society ravaged by plague is preferable to a society shattered by indifference?” Bernard Beckett.
73. “Pity is not enough better than indifference to materially benefit the agent or the recipient.” Charles Henry Parkhurst.
74. “Desperation is a narcotic. Fill the mind with indifference.” Charlie Chaplin.
75. “The proof of an invention is the power of an inventor to promote it in the face of a firm society, not of opposition, but of indifference”. Edwin Land.
76. “Indifference is isolation. The difference is texture and wonder.” Edwin Schlossberg.
77. “Fear cannot exist when one is indifferent to life.” Evadne Price.
78. “Stating that you are more detached, more oblivious than anyone and just being a fan of indifference!” Emile M. Cioran.
79. “Idleness, indifference and irresponsibility are healthy responses to absurd work.” Frederick Hertzberg.
80. “There is something sublime in his aloofness and his indifference to his external environment.” Frederick Sody.
81. “Indifference is the strongest force in the universe. It makes everything it touches meaningless. Love and hate don’t stand a chance against that.” Joan D.Vinge.
82. “The accomplice in the crime of corruption is often our own indifference”. Bess Myerson.
83. “They say that philosophers and sages are indifferent. Incorrect. Indifference is a paralysis of the soul, a premature death”. Anton Chekhov.
84. “Indifference of all kinds is reprehensible, even indifference towards oneself.” Marie Ebner-Eschenbach.
85. “The tragedy of love is indifference.” W. Somerset Maugham.
86. “Indifference and inaction must always pay a fine.” William Feather.
87. “Indifference is commonly the mother of discretion.” Lord Chesterfield.
88. “The indifference of men, much more than their tyranny, is the torment of women.” Jules Michelett.
89. “The deadliest poison of our time is indifference.” Maximilian Kolbe.
90. “Indifference in religion is more fatal than skepticism. There is no pulse in indifference; skepticism can be hot-blooded.” Henry Ward Beecher.
91. “A woman can bear almost anything; anything but indifference. Ian Fleming.
92. “They say that death kills you, but death does not kill you. Boredom and indifference kill you.” Iggy Pop.
93. “Neither love nor terror blinds him: indifference blinds him.” James A. Baldwin.
94. “The only crime that equals inhumanity is the crime of indifference, silence and oblivion.” James Orbinski.
95. “And, in fact, nothing had happened, nothing momentous, just another shrug of the shoulders of the great world of indifference.” John Banville.
96. “Behind the mask of indifference is bottomless misery and behind apparent insensitivity, despair.” John Bowlby.
97. “Indifference was our greatest enemy.” Judah Smith.
98. “But indifference would ultimately be recommended as a devastating weapon.” Lionel Shriver.
99. “To know the good is to react against the bad. Indifference is the mark of deprivation.” Mary Mannes.
100. “Indifference breeds animosity.” Sarah Ban Breathnach.
Being indifferent is not always the best option. You may care about something more or less, but you will never stop feeling, that is, absolute indifference does not exist.
Many times we are indifferent without realizing that we are harsh and hurt those around us. That is why they say that the opposite of love is not hate but indifference. And it is that nothing hurts more than someone who does not care about you or simply does not care.
In the phrases about indifference you will find the key tools that will help you reflect on this feeling.
Subliminal Affirmations Program Instant Download
Change your habits at the touch of a button… Now with 25% OFF. a single payment, you can install on up to four computers, free updates and access for life!
Program with more than a thousand subliminal affirmations on offer until this Sunday